Friday, October 14, 2011

deux jours a paris

deux jours a paris by wood & wool stool
deux jours a paris, a photo by wood & wool stool on Flickr.

There's always plenty of things to discover in Paris.
First of all, traveling with Thalys seemed a relief (7am departure from Rotterdam and at 9.30am drinking coffee on a terrace near Gare du Nord)
This time we walked 'all' the little side streets in le Marais.
Merci is a new favorite(!) and we had a wonderful lunch in the basement. At the end of the day we checked in at Mama Shelter, a cool hotel right behind Père Lachaise.
After dinner we had a midnight visit at the Eiffel Tower.
The next morning we walked via Pont Neuf (haven't participated the "love locks" craze) to Saint Germain.
We walked a marathon in two days (luckily I was smart enough to wear my red Adidas) and tired but satisfied we were happy to relax for some hours on the train.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm looking forward to travel soon to Paris, too! Lovely Deuche card, remembers me when I celebrated 50th birthday of 2CV in Paris many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful way to spend two days, let me tell you! :):)

    ReplyDelete